- Silent midnight sun canoe tour.
- Good chance to spot wild animals such as the cool beaver.
- Learn how to paddel a canoe.
The summers in Swedish Lapland are something extra special. Then sun never sets. Sleeping is overrated and you can do outdoor activities all day long.
We meet up at Bränna Camping in Överkalix 17.00 in the afternoon. Then we drive cars to the starting point of this evenings adventure in the land of the Arctic Circle. The paddling rout will be decided from day to day depending on weather and water levels so that we can offer you the best experience.
The evenings offers a slower tempo and the chances to see the nordic wild animals increases if we lower our voices and keep eyes wide open. We come close to nature and really experience the Arctic forest in Swedish Lapland. During the tour we make a stop at a nice place to have an outdoor meal next to a camp fire. The tour takes about five hours and we paddle about 10 km.
Meeting point: 17.00 at Bränna Camping in Överkalix.
- Local guide
- Life vest and safety gear
- Outdoor meal
- Coffee/Tea brewed over open fire
- Waterproof bag
- Local transport can be arranged for extra cost
Evening tour / activity
Booking in advance
Cut off: 12 hours
Physical difficulty level
Know before you go
Minimum age of passengers is: 13
Maximun participants per tour: 8
No paddling experience required. We start the tour with a crash course in paddling technique and safety.
Sandals with heel strap or regular training shoes are preferred footwear for paddling (feet might get wet).
What do I need to bring?
- Clothes due to weather
- Extra full set of clothes (if any unexpected swim)
- Bottle of water (at least 1 L)
- Sunglasses and sunscreen protection
- Mosquito protection
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 14 frontend.day or less before event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 75% if booking is cancelled 30 frontend.day or less before event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 50% if booking is cancelled 45 frontend.day or less before event
Don’t hesitate to contact us if any questions about midnight sun canoe tour!